Download WB Board Class XII English Notes | Class 12 Notes 2018 | Asleep in the Valley by Arthur Rimbaud | Higher Secondary Examination | WBCHSE
Are you looking for English Notes for class XII of West Bengal Board? Here this is complete notes of an important chapter of English B. Download the notes of the chapter ‘Asleep in the Valley’ by Arthur Rimbaud. It is prepared to help you in your exam preparation. It has questions and answers of 1 Mark and 6 Marks. Download the PDF file attached. If you find this helpful please Share with your friends and don’t forget to comment below.
ASLEEP IN THE VALLEY NOTES | WEST BENGAL BOARD CLASS XII NOTES | ENGLISH SECOND LANGUAGE
CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO DOWNLOAD PDF FILE OF THE NOTES(If you don’t have any PDF reader first CLICK HERE to download Adobe PDF Reader to View/Download the files)
Short Answer Type (Mark 1)
1. What is the subject matter of the poem ‘Asleep in the Valley’?
Ans: The subject matter of the poem ‘Asleep in the Valley’ is the futility of war.
2. Who is the poet of the poem ‘Asleep in the Valley’?
Ans: Arthur Rimbaud is the poet of the poem ‘Asleep in the Valley’.
3. What is the full name of the poet?
Ans: Jean Nicolas Arthur Rimbaud is the full name of the poet of the poem ‘Asleep in the Valley’.
4. Why Rimbaud is called ‘The boy poet of French poetry’?
Ans: Arthur Rimbaud is well known as ‘the boy poet of French poetry’ because he composed his famous poems between the ages of sixteen and twenty.
5. What does the poet request the nature?
Ans: The poet requests the Nature to keep the soldier warm so that he may not catch cold.
6. What type of poem is ‘Asleep in the Valley’?
Ans: ‘Asleep in the Valley’ is an Italian sonnet/ a Petrarchan sonnet which has fourteen lines (octave and sestet).
7. What form of verse has been used in the poem ‘Asleep in the Valley’? Ans: The poem, ‘Asleep in the Valley’ is written in free verse form.
8. How is the soldier lying in the valley?
Ans: The soldier is lying open-mouthed in the valley with a pillow of ferns under his head and one hand resting on his chest.
9. What is meant by the word ‘hollow’?
Ans: The word ‘hollow’ means a valley.
10. How does the stream look like?
Ans: The stream looks like long strands of silver.
11. What fills the valley?
Ans: The rays of sun fill the valley.
(CLICK THE LINK BELOW FOR COMPLETE NOTES)
NOTE : There may be some typing mistakes in the notes. So please try to rectify them with the help of your teachers. Good Luck!